After a fun day of paying at the park with Grammie and her pal Josie, Lucy out, and no real ap to speak of, my child was not in the most pleasent of moods this evening. Wanting only pretzels for dinner, a meltdown ensued. So dinner was interrupted by a bath in the hopes of calming her down (and cleaning the sandbox and playground off of her body!). Dinner continued by bribing her to eat her chicken (though no veggies went down the gullet) with a reward of a pretzel stick.
With her best interest in mind, we tried for an 8:00 bedtime. THAT did not go over well. I was waiting for the police to knock on our door thinking that we were abusing our child, her screams were so loud and shrill. There was kicking of the floor. There was scratching of the rug. There was an attempt to somehow disconnect her feet fromherbody (?). There was hitting. Pinching. Stomping.
At 8:45, I posted a toddler-for-rent offer of Facebook (in jest, of course!). In Europe, they advertise things as "to let," instead of "for rent." It's so much more pleasing sounding, isn't it?
At 9:08, I called Mike to help me lift her from the floor, where she had fallen asleep on the floor next to me as I read my e-book. I guess sometimes you just need to be near your Mama to relax and fall asleep. No where is mine, since I was up til 2:00 last night wide awake...?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment