I woke with a start this morning to my husband laying next to me. "What's so strange about that, " you might be thinking. Well, Mike is typically off to work by 6:30 in the morning and it was nearly 8:00! So I freaked out. Unbeknownst to me, his assistant was opening today. Phew! So we decided upon a family breakfast out! Yummy! We do love our breakfasts at Leo's Coney!!!
Mike went off to work and Claire and I went to our friends, the Beaudoins, house from church. Our small group prepared a salad bar dinner for a group of college students with CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) in Detroit. Claire had a blast now that she's one of "the big kids!"
After a day at work, I got home around 8:00 and sent my hubby off for some male-bonding time with a buddy at O'Callahans in Plymouth. Claire and I sat down to watch an episode of Little Einsteins while I ate my dinner. In the episode, the Forte Giant comes down a beanstalk and takes a baby golden goose. The harassers explored the art of Van Gogh and Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 to rescue the goose. It all ends fine and dandy, but Claire got a bit freaked out by the giant (thanks, Vincent, for painting creepy guys!).
After the show, as she was coming to my neck, this conversation occurred:
Claire: don't let the giant come.
Mommy: dont worry, I won't.
Claire: sing the giant song.
Mommy: (singing to the main 8 notes from B's 5th) fee fie fo fum...fee fie fo fum...
Claire: no mommy! Don't let the giant come!
Mommy: ok!
Claire: keep me safe mommy! Don't let the giant come and take me away. I don't want the giant to come and take me away.
How sweet was that?!? Of course I assured her that she's safe here and that Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let anything happen to her. We did this routine a few times before she dropped it.
Oddly, she also asked me who someone was that she apparently saw in our living room...strange...
And now I'm sitting here doing this because nothing is on tv and I NEED to do nothing for a while:
No comments:
Post a Comment