Thursday, May 2, 2013

Free-falling

Don't report me. My kid totally fell off our bed this morning. She woke up at 6 with a fever {side effect of her shot yesterday? Teething?} and since Mike needed to get up for work, I drugged C and brought her into our bed to "cuddle" and hopefully get more sleep. We did fall back asleep...until 7:30 when I was awakened by a loud thud and then crying. Oh crud. It took two years, but she finally dropped the 42 feet off our bed {with the box spring and mattress, our bed literally requires me to almost use a stool to climb in!}. I jumped down across the bed onto the floor and scooped her up. The kid landed like a cat on her hands and feet, or at least something like that. No blood. No broken bones. Once she stopped crying, she fell right back asleep until almost 9. So just don't tell anyone that I let C go into a free-fall from my bed, okay?!?

Quote of the day: {actually from yesterday}
C: Peee-yoooo!
Mamma: does something smell Claire?
C: Yeah. It smells yucky.
Mamma: what smells yucky?
C: My breath!


1 comment: