Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top 10...

...Reasons to Live in Michigan

10. We're the only place in the U.S. that is north if Canada.

9. Kettles, drumlins, moraines and pudding stones! (Geology geek speak! Look them up in relation to glaciers and then notice them all around the state!)

8. We have 4 distinct seasons...even if they aren't equal in length.

7. We produce really good fruit.

6. We produce really good fermented fruit. And grains!

5. You can thank us for your cars, Motown oldies, paved roads, soda pop, snowboards, Gumby, traffic lights, canned baby food, and so much more!

4. We can legitimately using our hands as maps.

3. No sharks, jellyfish, sting rays or barracuda. (I have a serious fear of jellies in the ocean!)

2. Our waters are unsalted. (Related to #3 and because I can't stand the taste or feels of saltwater after swimming in it!)

1. We aren't very prone to natural disasters. No hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, and only a rare tornado or flood.

Thanking God for our home, our health, and our safety tonight after tornado alley took a beating yesterday. There are so any other wonderful things about our Great Lakes State that I didn't include, but I think the absolute best is that my home and my family is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment