But that has nothing to do with me today, thankfully! We're in the phase of "no score, just moving through the innings," just trying not to allow our toddler to hit a foul ball...!
This morning, Claire brought us "breakfast in bed:"
It was darn cute.
Mike took Claire to Mass and I went to a baby shower for my brother and his wife, put on by her family (we threw one in March for our side). After a lot of "oohs" and "adorable"s and good times, I made it home to find another anti-napper keeping daddy busy.
While Daddy collected trash, Claire and I made a quick trip to Joann Fabrics...more about that later!
We enjoyed a BBQ picnic at a play area on Hines Drive with our small group from Trinity. Hot dogs, burgers, salads, chips, cookies, brownies...we dined like royalty! I think Claire brought home her weight in sand in her clothes and diaper. It makes me happy to watch her play with the little boys in the group who are older than her - no fear and completely comfortable! He even let the "oldest" boy, Luke (5), hold her hand and lead her across the shaky bridge on the play structure! It was adorable!
After we had all made our rounds thought the shower, we popped on the tv (and the a/c for the first time this year!) to watch the Tigers. And I started my project:
I have been feeling like I want to paint our front door lately, but I can't pick a color. With gray siding, white trim, and red brick, I just can't decide. There are shades of red doors on either side of us, so I feel like the red is out. So I decided to just make something new and fun for the door. One paper machier letter, one yard of fabric, probably a hundred straight pins (so I can change the fabric as I feel like), and a sore back and hand later, this is what I ended up with! The colors look a little strange in the photo - it's a sea foam background with a grayish navy pattern. The ribbon matches the background. Coincidentally, the navy is one of the door colors under consideration. But I will probably end up chickening out and keeping it white. I like my letter though!
Cute! :)
ReplyDelete