This is my Mom. She is amazing. I know a lot of people say that about their moms, but she really is. She is truly my best friend and she is why I am the person I am today (well, I gotta give Dad some credit!). She has taught me love, patience (though it often gets tried!), how to serve, how to give, how to receive, and to love and be loved by the King...I could keep going on and on. I know that neither of us is perfect and we do wear on each at times, but no matter what, I know that she is always there for me. I love her a million times over!
As a little girl, I remember her sitting on the edge of my bed singing this lullaby to me, while stroking my forehead and hair:
Who love their redeemer
They are jewels, precious jewels
His love and His own.
Like the stars of the morning
His bright crown adorning
They will shine in their beauty
Bright gems for His crown.
I am so blessed that I now have the most wonderful little girl who asks for "Little Children" or "Jesus Loves Me" or "Goodnight My Father" as her lullabies each night. I love the challenge that I face to raise Claire to be an amazing, Godly woman. I hope that I can live up to my Mom's example. What an honor to be chosen to live my life!
P.s.: if you look on our YouTube channel, Kostunfammi, you can find an old dark video of Claire and me singing "Goodnight My Father," a song I learned while at Hope College.

No comments:
Post a Comment