I say, "Fun?" with a question mark because a few strange things have happened since we flew down to visit Grandma & Grandpa Kostun in Florida on Wednesday night!
First, Mike has informed me that all of a sudden, I've started snoring to a ridiculous degree. Not even open-mouth snoring. Through the nose snoring. I've apparently been keeping him up! I even tried an additional pillow last night - no help. I feel so bad - but I guess this is payback for all the nights I had to push him over onto his side to get his snoring to stop!!!
Second, I realized on Wednesday night that my right ankle was sore and slightly swollen. I fully attributed this to the fact that I managed to twist it walking across the street on Wednesday when on a bank run for the store. I caught a loose brick in the crosswalk and my foot went out, ankle went in. Many of you know that my ankles are less than stellar due to an 8th grade ballet injury, so I tend to get minor sprains fairly often: I usually just ignore them. But Wednesday night, the swelling caught me off-guard!
Come Thursday, I realized that not only was my right foot still puffed up like a balloon, but my left foot appeared to be a bit puffy as well. Great. I think I've officially hit that "final stage" of pregnancy where women just look like they're ready to explode, swell up, and turn into whales. Here I've been so excited that all the weight I've gained seems to have been mainly in my belly, but now my feet look like those of a 700-pound woman! I mean, I'm talking even my flip flops and Crocs are leaving indentations in the tops of my feet! How am I going to get my shoes and socks on when we return to Michigan winter tomorrow?!?
On top of it all, my ankle really is still sore and slightly bruised. Both Mike and I have gotten sunburned to some degree on some portion of our bodies (Mike's face is already peeling...I just got a little spotty burn on my legs today), and our backs are sore. I don't know if it's sympathy pains on his part, or if there are other reasons, but I, selfishly, want to milk this pregnancy and get as many foot and back rubs as possible! Which is hard when he's in the same boat...
Anyways, we've had a great time in Florida. We took a 4-hour luncheon cruise along the Intercoastal waterway down Jupiter Island, where we saw past and present homes of people like Bing Crosby, Olivia Newton John, Perry Como, Nice Price, Greg Norman, Burt Reynolds, and Tiger Woods. It was very nice and relaxing - even got some video of a dolphin swimming along with the boat (I'll post that later!). We've eaten great food, discovered that the blue "balloons" all over the beaches are actually Portugese Man-Of-War that have washed up with the strong easterly winds (read, no way I'm going in the ocean!), learned about research being conducted at Florida Atlantic University in conjunction with the Harbor Branch of the Florida Oceanigraphic Institute, and played a lot of Progressive Rummy (I won 2 of 3 games!). It's been wonderful to get away from the cold and snow, and to spend time with Mike's folks. They'll be down here until we call them on the way to the hospital, when they'll rush back to Brighton to meet Baby K in person!
It's hard to believe we're just 6 weeks from our due date! Ahhh!!! So, if anyone has suggestions for swollen feet, back aches, snoring, or labor and delivery, please do share!!!
Yeah....dad had "sympathy" delivery pains.....makes you want to smack them!
ReplyDelete