Mike got to practice holding a real live baby, learned diapering and swaddling techniques, and had great time with real life dads! I got some great information about what to expect in the first few weeks/months after baby comes.
In our Mommy class, we also watched an excerpt from, "The Happiest Baby on the Block," by Dr. Harvey Karp. This man is AH-mazing! He's a pediatrician out at UCLA (I believe) and has an almost freaky knack for calming fussy babies! I was seriously blown away. Here's a clip from when he was on The View a few years back...wait until you see the video clips of his demos within the segment!
Crazy, isn't it?!? I showed Mike tonight and we can't wait to try it out! The man is magic...
What really cracked me up, though, was when Mike tried to practice Dr. Karp's swaddling method on our Cabbage Patch Kid (poor doll has been through a lot with us now!), got frustrated, and threw it across the couch! God bless my husband...this baby will do him so much good!!!
Wow! It's good for your lungs too to keep blowing in the baby's ear! LOL! How does this compare to the book Jennifer recommended?
ReplyDelete