Now, I don't want to sound like a child who just wants to be part of the "cool crowd" or who didn't get that awesome Valentine while everyone else in the class got one. But I've found myself in a situation a few times over the last few years that makes me feel invisible. Forgotten.
There is a place that I've known for virtually all my life (okay, I think since I was something like 18 months old) and that I'm fairly involved with. But twice now I've found other people getting recognition, appreciation for doings things at this place. Things that I have done right alongside them. And yet, I seem to be invisible. Like, they know I'm there and contributing, but I'm looked right through, like cellophane (thank you "Chicago" for the title reference!). I'm not asking for much. And it's not about being publicly recognized or applauded or anything. It's about the simple "thank you for your service/contribution" that I miss. I don't want to feel like cellophane.
No comments:
Post a Comment