Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello July?

What happened to this month?  Where did it go?  Moreover, where has this year flown to?  I feel like I blink and a month goes by.  I know that heaven will be an awesome place someday, but I'm not in that much of a hurry to get there!  {wink!}

Because I have no idea what happened to July, I realized I have a little catching up to do on the blog.  So here's a quick photo synopsis of the latter part of the month...

Learning the freedom the swim ring brings!
Painting a bird house Great-Aunt
Connie would be proud of!
eko events' 1st day-of coordinating!
  Vacation!
Houghton Lake - Traverse City
July 26-29
Cindy-Lou's Petting Zoo in Roscommon
- not feeding a Patagonian Mara
Mike feeds a Vietnamese Potbelly Pig

Claire and an African Spurred Tortoise


The Fallow Deer were eager
to chomp the carrots!

Daddy + Papa meeting the Clydesdale
  
Mommy, Grammie + Great-Aunt
Sharon also made friends with Clyde

Took the whole visit, but Claire finally
got up the guts to feed the animals!

Claire's favorite part of the petting zoo
was the vast array of playhouses!

At Houghton Lake Hideaway, Great-Aunt Sharon + Great-
Uncle Norm's cabin looked like these last summer...
...and looks like this now!  Great job Matt Merenuk!!!
 
We did squeeze in a quick boat ride!
 On to Traverse City for the wedding of Mike's cousin, Jeremy, and his bride, Rachel!
On the beach at the Park Shore Resort -
their love helped them not notice the
chilly temps and drizzle!

Mike, Jeremy, Rachel & Joe - the sun did make a quick
appearance just in time for photos on the beach!

Self portrait

Mike's cousin Georgia, from Minnesota
 - the first time she and Erin met!
Time for fun!!!
Meeting horses at Black Star Farms & Winery

Walking on the edge!

Three chicks in sunnies!

Claire did not want to try the
Sparkling Grape Juice

She did love the cow statue out front!


Ooo! The Dam Candy Shop in Leland
{Grammie bought a lollypop for C!}

So true with a vacation plagued by cold temps & rain...
of course our one & only vacation between the start of
February and...?!?

Greycote, the Antoine Manseau Home in Leland, MI.
Est. 1853, he was the first white settler in Leland and the
building served as the first school house and butcher shop.
Oh, he also happens to be my great(x5?)-grandfather!
 
Claire (2) and Great-Grandpa Quintus Stulz (90)

4 generations picture for the 2nd year in a row!
Claire, Edie, Betty, Erin

My adorable grandparents - like teenagers still!

Over to my cousin Jim's
to celebrate his birthday!
Claire & Lilia loved the
frosting!

Tequila Buddies: Mike, Jim, Tom

Cousins! Ava (almost 10), Lilia (2 1/2), Claire (2)

We made it!

Claire & Daddy went all the way up in
the Old Mission Lighthouse!

Grapes!

We stopped to pick some tart cherries - fun!




Back home, our tart cherry haul; ready to be pitted!

Sweet cherry aftermath - I was a bit concerned about face
staining!  It came off... phew!

Et voila! Peach cherry crisp fresh out of the oven!
The dessert was a great way to finish out the month.  I think I might want some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment