Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Deep Thoughts at Dinner

Today, I learned that my grandmother has only days or maybe a week left here on Earth.  At 87 years old, she has been loved and cared for by her husband for the last 74 years - yes, they met when she was 14 and he was 17.  They have a wondrous love and an inspiring faith that beckons us all to strive toward.

And it's during situations like this that I never cease to be amazed at how my own faith and love can grow and be strengthened.  These are also times when I am blown away by my own child and how we all need to have faith like a child...


As we were sitting at dinner tonight, Mike and I were both fairly emotional talking about everything and reminiscing about Mike's last time seeing his own maternal grandmother (the evening before she passed).

   Claire asked, "What's wrong Momma?"
   I said, "Great-Grandma isn't feeling well.  She's going to meet Jesus soon."
   "Jesus is gonna fix her.  And then she's gonna meet God."
It was said so matter-of-factly and with such confidence that Mike and I couldn't help but smile through our tears.

And then a few minutes later, we were treated to this:

Claire put a piece of her pear in her baby doll stroller and started pushing it around the table and us.  She stopped and said, "I'm gonna push my pear.  Do you wanna watch it go by?"  Such a goof and source of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment