Tuesday, January 25, 2011

28 Weeks - It's going so fast!

Great news!  I don't have gestational diabetes!  I had my blood glucose test last Friday so that the results would be in before our 28 week appointment with the doc this coming Friday, but of course I'm antsy and called the office today.  According to the nurse: "Your level was...wow!  Your blood sugar is fanTAStic!"  So that made me feel pretty good!
I'll be getting the 24-hour holter monitor on Thursday, but my new theory on my heart palpitations is that I was seriously dehydrated.  I have noticed in the days since that I have been extremely thirsty and have had a few minor blips in my heart rhythm when I've been especially thirsty.  I don't know if that's a viable explanation, but it sounds good to me right now.  I'm voting for that over a heart problem...
On the side, Baby K has really made his/her appearance known!  I saw some family this past weekend and it had only been 2 weeks since I saw them last, but I got a lot of "whoa!" comments!  And while the very nice people who shop at R.S.V.P. are still making comments like, "Oh! You're expecting?," a new phase of customers are getting bold enough to acknowledge the fact that, while I look like I ate a 5-foot sub for lunch, there is, in fact, a child growing inside of me!
We are very much looking forward to seeing many of our friends and family in just a week and a half at our shower!  We are so excited to be sharing this very special time in our lives with so many of you!  PTL!
Mike and I also celebrated our birthdays this month!  My parents got me a really cute outfit for the shower along with a few other wonderful items, so they only felt it was fair to Mike to get him something baby-related for his birthday.  Here's the result:
Yes, that is an original Cabbage Patch doll in our kid pack!  Doesn't he look cute?!?  Mike's going to be a great dad!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awww! You're both going to be great parents. :) So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH I love when people ask if you're expecting. Nah, I just had a big lunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed and happy to find out that my obsession with collecting cabbage patch dolls over 25 yrs ago was not in vain. The one that Mike is holding was a special one, among many, that Ginny had saved for herself and passed on to Erin when she found out Erin was pregnant. Grandpa K!!!

    ReplyDelete